In a Nutshell
SASPS offers its six core legal courses and two more as part of the Paralegal Course for Face-to-Face Learning at its training venue in Wynberg.
The salient features of SASPS’s Face-to-Face Learning Program are:
1. The six courses are:
- Civil Litigation (CivLit)
- Wills & Estates (W&E)
- Business Law (BusL)
- Debt Collecting (DebtC)
- Criminal Law & Procedure (CrimL)
- Property Law & Conveyancing (PL&Con)
2. The two additional courses are:
- Introduction to South African Law (Intro SA Law)
- Introduction to the Legal Profession (Intro LP)
3. Students get
- Study Guide
- Course Catalogue
- Glossary of legal terms
- Course Notes + Annexures.
4. Students can assess their progress in learning by a Self Assessment Paper which they receive as part of the Study Guide.
5. During the individual courses students will be writing a class test.
6. Students will receive a previous Examination Paper in time before the examination date; the model answers will be presented and discussed at the revision lecture (see below).
7. In time before the examination the students will have a Revision Lecture which will focus on a previous examination paper.
8. An examination (in completion of the course or as re-writes), offered twice a year for each course.
9. Students will get the opportunity to rate SASPS’s Face-to-Face Learning Program and its administration through an Evaluation Form, which can be anonymous if required.