In a Nutshell
SASPS offers its six core legal courses for Distance Learning with a unique system, which justifies the slogan:
YOU’LL NEVER STUDY ALONE”
The salient features of SASPS’s Distance Learning Provider Program are:
1. The six courses are:
- Civil Litigation (CivLit)
- Wills & Estates (W&E)
- Business Law (BusL)
- Debt Collecting (DebtC)
- Criminal Law & Procedure (CrimL)
- Property Law & Conveyancing (PL&Con)
2. Students get a comprehensive Study Guide as well as
- Self-study hints
- Glossary of legal terms
- Course catalogue.
3. SASPS is providing a Tutorial Service with a schedule for the whole year, enabling students to speak with the tutor on the phone.
4. There is an assessment choice between an examination and an assignment.
5. Students can assess their progress in learning by a Self Assessment Paper they will receive from SASPS seven weeks before the examination/assignment submission date.
6. Five weeks before the examination/assignment submission date students will be getting a Revision Paper with multiple choice questions; the model answers will be sent out to the students two weeks later.
7. Students opting for an examination will receive a previous Examination Paper in time before the examination date; the model answers will be presented and discussed at the revision lecture (see below).
8. Two weeks before the examination SASPS will have a Revision Lecture which will focus on a previous examination paper and also enables students to ask the lecturer questions related to the respective subject. SASPS is able to offer this revision lecture at 8 different venues twice a year (see Annual Schedule).
9. Examinations are conducted twice a year for each course at 8 venues for those students who want their knowledge to be assessed this way.
10. Those students who live or work too far away from the venues have the choice to be assessed by way of an assignment.
11. Students will get the opportunity to rate SASPS’s Distance Learning Program and its administration through an Evaluation Form, which can be anonymous if required.